Terms of Service
“Account” means any account (i) managed by Canaccede International Management Ltd., which may be assigned to a third-party collection agency for collection, and/or (ii) owned by Canaccede Financial Group Ltd., Canaccede Credit LP, CFG Canada Funding, LLC or another affiliate of Canaccede Financial Group Ltd.
“Canaccede”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Canaccede International Management Ltd. or one of its affiliates.
“MyAccount” means the online Account service that can be accessed at https://myaccount.mycanaccede.com
“Portal Information” has the meaning in section 2 below.
“Service(s)” means MyAccount or any other service provided by Canaccede in relation to MyAccount.
“Statements” means any statements or receipts delivered to you for any Account with us.
“Third-Party” means an external person or company that is not an affiliate of Canaccede.
“Third-Party Service” means an external person or company who provides a service or technology to Canaccede.
“You” and “your” mean each person who holds an Account and who enrolls in MyAccount.
3. Consent and When It Takes Effect
4. Electronic Delivery of Portal Information
Messages are sent to you either securely within MyAccount or by text message, email or another non-secure method (a “Non-Secure Notification Message”).
When we deliver Portal Information electronically, we will do so by making it available to you through MyAccount. In other cases, we may present Portal Information to you as part of a transaction or as you navigate MyAccount. Other Portal Information may be limited to links or information in your MyAccount. Portal Information presented to you as part of a transaction or as you navigate MyAccount may only be available at the time they are presented, so you may wish to print or save a copy for your records. Non-Secure Notification Messages include automated notices that indicate to you when Portal Information is available in the MyAccount.
5. Your Obligations to Access and View Portal Information
By consenting to electronic delivery of Portal Information, you understand that you must access MyAccount to access your Information and agree to do so on a regular basis but in any event, not less than once every thirty (30) days. We will not be responsible to you for any damages or costs resulting from your failure to access your Information.
You confirm that you have the necessary technical ability to log into MyAccount to review relevant Portal Information. You confirm that you will keep your login credentials confidential.
6. Third Parties and Third-Party Service Providers
You authorize us to collect, use and disclose, any information required to provide or operate a Service or Third-Party Service, or any information or content you may provide while using or accessing a Service or Third-Party Service, to (1) share such information or content with any Third-Party Service Provider or Third Party for the purpose of providing or assisting us in providing the Service or Third-Party Service, including payment related services, and (2) prepare statistical profiling, performance or operational reports about a Service or Third-Party Service.
You also authorize any Third-Party Service Provider or Third Party to use information (including aggregated information) or any content you may provide while using the Service or Third-Party Service for preparing, using and distributing statistical, profiling, performance or operation reports about such Service or Third-Party Service. If such reports are distributed to anyone other than us, the information contained in all such reports will not be attributable to you.
We may have links to Third-Party websites that are not owned, controlled or operated by us. We do not assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any other websites or their owners. We are not endorsing or recommending any other websites, products or services by the simple inclusion of a link to another website.
7. Acting on your instructions
You authorize us to accept any instruction we receive under your sign-in credentials on any of the Services or Third-Party Services (“Instruction”). Any Instruction will have the same legal effect as if it was a written instruction and signed by you, and you are responsible for any Instruction while accessing or using the Services or Third-Party Services. We may without notice, decline or refuse to act on any Instruction.
8. Email Address for Non-Secure Notification Messages
Non-Secure Notification Messages are sent to the email address you provide as your primary email address. You can change your email by updating your email address on MyAccount or by calling MyAccount at 1-888-316-2369, and this may also change the Account email address on record for you. Please remember to notify us of changes to your email address immediately, so we may continue to provide you with the Services.
9. Payments in MyAccount
When making any payment, you must ensure the accuracy of all information needed to complete the payment, including account numbers, email addresses and payee names. We may update the recipient’s information if we are informed by the recipient of a change or if we believe it necessary, without notice to you. Payments made on MyAccount are processed through third-party payment solutions provider(s) on behalf of Canaccede or the collection agency collecting your Account.
There may be a delay between any Instruction you provide, the withdrawal of any Payment from a funding source, and receipt of the payment by a Third Party. You are responsible for accounting for this potential delay and timing any Instruction to us accordingly.
We are not responsible for any disputes you have with a Third Party including if that Third Party (1) does not credit you for a Payment for whatever reason, or (2) charges you fees or penalties.
We are not responsible for and we will not reimburse you for losses to your Account(s) if any of the following:
- You do not comply with any of your obligations under this Agreement or you do not comply with any instructions we may provide to you in connection with any of the services within MyAccount.
- You engage in any fraudulent, criminal or dishonest acts related to Digital Banking or Mobile Payments.
- You access MyAccount via a Device that you know or reasonably should know contains software that has the ability to reveal or otherwise compromise any of your Passwords, Personal Verification Questions or an e-Transfer Question and Answer.
- You carry out the transaction, including if the transaction is a result of any mistake, error, omission, inaccuracy or other inadequacy of, or contained in any data or information that you give to us.
- You share any of your Passwords or Personal Verification Questions.
- You consent to, contribute to or authorize a transaction in any way.
- Exceptional Losses: In no event, even if we are negligent, will we be liable for any loss of data, or any indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, in whole or in part, (including any business interruption, loss of profits, data, information, opportunity, revenues, goodwill or any other commercial or economic loss), caused to you, regardless of the cause of action, even if we were advised of the possibility of such damages.
You are responsible for the security of the information used to access the Services.
Password Criteria: Your Passwords, Personal Verification Questions, and e-Transfer Questions and Answers must be unique and not easily guessable. Examples of bad passwords include birth dates or names of you or your family members, your telephone number, social insurance number, or sequential numbers such as "1234".
Securing Passwords: You must always keep your Password(s) and Personal Verification Questions strictly confidential. You must not disclose your Passwords or Personal Verification Questions to anyone.
Compromised Passwords: If you believe that someone may know your Password(s) or Personal Verification Questions, you must immediately: (1) notify us; and (2) change the Password(s) or Personal Verification Questions that you believe have been compromised. You should also review your information on MyAccount to verify that the information continues to be accurate.
11. Providing Portal Information by Paper
We reserve the right to provide you with Portal Information by paper delivery if we are unable to provide electronic delivery, have reason to believe you may not have received the Portal Information, or otherwise consider it appropriate at our discretion. Any paper delivery will be provided to you at the most current mailing address that we have on file for your Account.
12. Limitation of Liability – Information
You agree that all notifications may be delayed, not delivered or inaccurate due to a variety of factors, including technical problems. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of your use or inability to use the alerts, regardless of the cause, including negligence, even if we are advised of the possibility of such damages. For Non-Secure Notification Messages, you accept the risk that the messages may be lost, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others.
13. Limitation of Liability – Payments
No liability Even if we are Negligent: We will not be liable to you, even if we are negligent, for any loss, damages, delay, or inconvenience to you for any of the following:
- Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in any data or information, including as a result of a failure to update data or information.
- Actions or failures to act by any Third Party or Third-Party Service Provider.
- Delay, error, interruption or failure by us to perform or fulfill any of our obligations to you due to any cause beyond our control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures.
- Delay or inability to access or use the Services or Third-Party Services, including any charges such as late fees or additional interest you may have to pay to a Third Party.
- Inaccuracy, interception, review or alteration by others of any unsecured communications.
- Failure to receive or view Portal Information that has been presented to you, or a notification that Portal Information has been presented to you.
- Content you access after leaving MyAccount or our Apps including any Third-Party website or app regardless of whether or not that content was accessible from MyAccount.
This limitation of our liability applies even if we were advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. This limitation of our liability includes loss of profits, data, information, opportunity, revenues, goodwill or any other commercial or economic loss, and damages in the form of incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive, exemplary or similar damages, or damages for business interruption.
15. Other Agreements
16. Revoking Consent and Termination of MyAccount
You may revoke your consent to access and terminate your MyAccount at any time by calling 1-888-316-2369 during operating hours, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you revoke your consent and terminate your MyAccount, you will no longer be able to access MyAccount or make any payments on your Account. If you wish to still have access to MyAccount, but do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from MyAccount, you may do so by unsubscribing as outlined in Section 17 Unsubscribe below.
If we receive a request to revoke your consent and terminate MyAccount, we will confirm that we have received your request and specify when it takes effect in writing through electronic or paper delivery to you. Your revocation to access MyAccount will not stop any previously authorized payment(s) that are in process.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving all further commercial electronic messages from MyAccount, please click here or go to the following web address https://www.mycanaccede.com/unsubscribe. You can also email us at email@example.com. It is your responsibility to always login to check the status of your account. You may still receive some electronic messages where permitted by law.
18. Changing Terms
All trademarks used on MyAccount are used under license from owner of the trademark. The CFG logo is used under license from Canaccede Financial Group Ltd.